Our Picks

Top content from across the community, hand-picked by us.

Happy Birthday Sam!!
Happy 48th Birthday my friend! Enjoy the time spent in MTL!

We have to meet soon too!
  • 1 reply

Has the gaming season just arrived
Hey ladies!

Do you think the gaming season has arrived with upcoming titles, like Forza Horizon 4, Mario Party, Mega Man 11, Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, Battlefield V, etc. This could be huge for gaming communities like ours to take advantage of those games coming out. That's without counting Destiny 2, NHL 19 etc.

Are you hyped to game again? 
  • 3 replies

who will be number 100?
we are down to 1 member for a 100 members, will it be an original XCL member, a spambot or a totally new random person?

only time will tell!
  • 5 replies

It's been a while! Vol: 3
It's been 2 weeks without or weekly gaming update and during E3 a lot of new games or rumoured games made surface for the first time and gave some AWWWW's to the fans. Microsoft had a strong E3 this year and it was about time. A lot of Xbox gamers felt left behind in the last year but Microsoft delivered, and delivered big, with the acquisition of 4 new studios, Compulsion Games, Ninja Theory, Playground Games & Undead Labs. With the acquisition, Microsoft adds first party game, which was one of their biggest flaw in this current generation. After Microsoft showcase, we had Sony which gave an okay presentation but nothing spectacular, except for Spider-Man and Death Stranding. Finally with Nintendo, after a great unexpected first year for Nintendo Switch, the company main focus was Pokémon and Super Smash Bros: Ultimate. We will also talk about the other AAA titles coming to multiplatform.
  • 0 replies

Weekly Update! vol: 2
Hey, Gamers!

This week article will be discussing what's new in the gaming world for every console. Nintendo, release a new switch in Japan for a cheaper price. Sony is releasing a new game called Detroit Become Human while the company is saying that the PS4 is entering the end of its lifecycle, Microsoft on the other hand they hmmm, what did they do this week?
Nintendo
 That's right a new bundle was released for the Nintendo Switch at a cheaper price, but there's a catch, according to some source the bundle doesn't come with a dock or a charging cable for the cost of $45 USD less, averaging about $58 CAD. Now when we think about it a dock cost a whopping $119.99 and a charging cable cost $39.96. So this deal is it really worth it. Nintendo is stating that this version of the console is for a 2nd unit for a household. Many gamers will still find to be much of a bad deal than a great one. Saving about $60 when compare 159.99 or separate cost looks a bit odd.
Sony:
A long-awaited game was released on May 25, called Detroit: Become Human give you a different perspective, featuring the ability to play a multitude of characters. The game lets you the ability to continuing playing even though the character dies. Unless I suppose you kill everyone in the game... hmmm, Anyhow, the director or producer of the games took 2 years to write the script. Here's the trailer for the game: 

Continuing with Sony, John Kodera, The PlayStation executive, said in an interview that the PS4 is in the final stage of its lifecycle. In the next 3 years, Sony will take steps to prepare for the future. I wonder what that could be. Now as a gamer I'm thinking: Already? isn't this half the lifespan of the ps3 we just got to, so as a hockey gamer I went and check, my NHL collection, the PS3 has 9 games while the PS4 only released 4. Meaning my console should still be good for another 5 years. This is frustrating thinking we'll need to spend more money.
Microsoft
This week Microsoft, well there was an update earlier this much that lets you support 120Hz refresh rates. These are supported for 1080p as well as 1440p on the Xbox One S & the Xbox One X. The Higher refresh rates will mostly  provide smoother gaming and lower latency and as a result, will reduce tearing and stuttering in some games.

The hidden gem of the week:
The White Steelseries Arctis 3 which is compatible with all platforms (PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch & mobile)  
This week's video:
Don't forget to check out our friend Qwazydogg on his review at the following video: 

• 0 replies

Xbox Adaptive Controller
Really happy that companies are starting to make it easier for people with handicaps to be able to enjoy a fun experience gaming.
  • 2 replies

Happy Birthday Kirby!
He's ( @The Outcast ) 50 today!!!!

Hope you all the best on this great day and wish you the best with your family and friends!

• 4 replies

Forza Horizon 4 Has Been Outed!!
So there are some rumours out there that a 4th instalment in the Froza Horizon series will be announced soon, and will be ready to go for the late fall season as per usual. I think most of us are going "duh" of course it's coming out. But you also have to remember that Playground games is also working on an unannounced open world game. So it makes one wonder if the team has enough team members to carry off both projects?
  • 3 replies

Gravel - A New Arcadish Racing Game Coming in February
Square Enix is publishing a racing game that is developed by Milestone, and it's a car based game with a VERY arcade focus.  It has lots of off road tracks and looks like it could be fun.  I played it at PAX West last year, and thought it really did show promise. 

Anyhow, on that note, check out the latest video below.  

Kirby Y
  • 7 replies

Avengers: Infinity Way trailer
What do you guys think?
  • 4 replies

Mario Kart Deluxe Event
Console: Nintendo Switch

Game: Mario Kart Deluxe

Time:  7:45PM Eastern Time

Booze: allowed

Trash talk: yes why not...

Max Players: 12, but we can do a second group!
  • 3 replies

Well we have a 47 hour weekend....
The time to change to your clock happens tomorrow morning at 2 AM.... 

In other words, we lose an hour of gaming....

also 5 seconds of sex....

• 1 reply

2018 Game of the year to be release on Nintendo Switch!
OH THE JEALOUSY FROM SONY AND MICROSOFT!

• 1 reply

Sea of Thieves Beta Thoughts
So I played the stress test beta last night for about two and a half hours. And I am not feeling the love for this game! And maybe the retail version will be different, who knows?

At first I played with a large galley, and four other pirates, and within a minute someone had me locked up in a small jail cell on the ship. And no way of getting out?

For the full story please go to http://gamecanadian.ca/community/index.php?/topic/386-sea-of-thieves-beta-thoughts/

• 4 replies

Canadians lose 4-3 to Germans!
Germany were opportunist on their chance and Canada needed more time to complete a comeback!

Congrats to Germany! And Goodluck vs the Checks for the Bronze's game tomorrow at 7am!

GO CANADA GO!!!!
  • 0 replies

Trumps Solution To End Gun Violence is.....
....... to attack video games and make them the culprit? Not the fact that any lunatic with a pulse can own a gun in the United States? I bet you any money, that video games have saved more people from violence as a way of acting out their rage, than any NRA sponsored initiative has! 

Link To News Article

• 7 replies

Watch Out, Sony and Microsoft: Google Is Developing a Video Game Streaming Service
Unfortunately it is rumored to be a streaming service, meaning you would probably require a net connection of 25mbs and over, or the input lag would be horrendous!

Link to news story.
  • 4 replies

Chicken Wings
For those of you with an Instant Pot you have to try this.  Next time I don't think I'll pressure cook for as long as the chicken was pretty much falling off the bone taking from the pot.  For those of you in an environment where you can not have a fire, crisping them up in the oven would work just as well...just not as tasty in my opinion.

Throw frozen chicken wings into the instant pot and add Frank's Wing Sauce and toss about.

Pressure cook for 15 minutes.  I did 20 minutes (the default) and I found it to be too long.  Once the pressure has been released (for any of you Darwin Award wannabe's please release the pressure in a safe manner) throw them onto a baking sheet or a mesh cooker for the fire pit.

Add some extra Frank's wing sauce and get them grilling.  See that smoke?  That is extra flavour you won't get from an oven.  Maybe on a gas grill with a smoke packet.

Getting nice and close to the coals for added crispyness.

• 3 replies

Xbox Game Pass to include MS exclusive new releases
Link to Phil Spencer's announcement

If I read this correctly it appears all new exclusive Xbox One games will be available to Game Pass subscribers right from launch day. With games like Sea of Thieves and especially Crackdown 3 coming that immediately makes me interested.

I can't help but wonder if this is the beginning of a movement towards a subscription based service along the lines of Spotify, Apple Music or Beachbody on Demand. At the same time, if I just plopped full price to get in to the Sea of Thieves beta that starts this week I'd maybe be kind of upset.
  • 7 replies

2020 Golf GTI and R getting big increases in HP
Article on Autoblog

Looks like the 2020 Golf GTI and R models are getting nice bumps in power. The R is going from 295 hp to 350. It already does 0-60 in the mid 4's. This is nuts. Golfs are one of the few cars you can still find in a 3-pedal manual transmission.

I like cars that perform and that aren't overly flashy. So this totally sets the timeframe in which I need to get Janice a new car...
  • 8 replies

Welcome again!
Well, it’s pretty hard to hide the new changes around GamerDAD.ca, we’ve official became gameCANADIAN.ca. The name change comes after realizing the confusing we brought to our audience. We also wanted to bring something familiar to all of us.

With the change of name came with a new mini-slightly facelift of the website. We now wear Red instead of Green. Our image still pushes to create a friendly and real-life friendship from coast to coast and beyond.

Another addition has been made to our team by adding Kirby. We’re not sure why we did it but it seemed like a great idea after we finish that 3 two-four last weekend. On a more serious note if we try…  Kirby brings a lot to the team, he’s a known gaming and tech reviewer, he’s been active in the gaming community for quite some time ( I really don’t know since when, but we’ll pretend it’s over 30 years of experience; it looks great on a resumé)

More change will come shortly as we build something special and unique.

Luc Wolfe  
  • 3 replies

Star Wars Battlefront II
Regardless of the drama that surrounds this game at the moment this is a day one purchase in our house. Sam is more excited for this game than Mario to the point where I'm thinking twice about even buying a Switch for the boys for Christmas. Anyone else getting this game? We're playing on XB1.

Or has the recent backlash changed your mind? I must say it was nice to see EA address this today and actually implement some positive changes.
  • 11 replies

What do you prefer?
Do you guys to download your games or the have a physical copy of it.

I like having a physical copy of it so I can always play when I want with it. By having it digitally I'm always scared that in the future if I wanted to play it and the company doesn't support or exist.
  • 6 replies

Super Mario Odyssey Knocking it Out of the Ball Park With Review Scores!!
9.9/10 After 29 reviews over at N4G!

N4G - RATING WILL CHANGE WITH MORE REVIEWS

97/100 After 66 reviews on Meta Crtic!

Meta Critic - Score will change with the number of reviews

That is fantastic!! Now I wonder if somehow I can convince the wife that the Switch is for her and not for me, as she loves Mario!

• 1 reply

New Activision patent
How Activision uses matchmaking tricks to sell in-game items. - via Rolling Stone.

Granted this is interesting technology but now we're to believe that matchmaking isn't fixed?
  • 4 replies

GameCanadian Community :.

We're a new type of community who actually focus on the word community.  We have a goal to make in-person events to build off something that other communities can not do. We focus on building a team, and chat about our gaming hobby. Everyone is welcome on our website.

Staff :.

Fifty Fifty Administrators
creeping judas creeping judas Administrators
X-Warlock X-Warlock Administrators
The Outcast The Outcast Administrators
lucwolfe lucwolfe Administrators

Latest Topics :.

Our Partners :.

Social Links :.