Sign in to follow this  
creeping judas

Internet Speeds? What You Getting?

Interesting conversation I was having with Luc, about internet speeds. I think myself to be shafted by provider, but yet we are on a monopoly here so they don't have to do better!

On a Sunday morning, when 90% of the village is at church I can get 15mbs, but average is around 12mbs. I do however have unlimited internet, so there is a silver lining. 

So I am curious (and I know I will be jealous) as to what kinds of speeds you are getting, if unlimited, and where?

Like we talk

30/10 with 400 gigs for 65$ -20$ due to bundle rebates

Soon:

120/20  with unlimited   for 80$ -20$ with rebates

But then i got land line,tv cable sports package and 2 mobile phones with 4 gigs it become cha-ching

I convinced Telus to give me the Shaw 100 down 50 up package and new customer pricing for 1 year. Right now I pay 50 bucks for 100 MBPS download and 50 MBPS upload with unlimited of data a month. After a year, that goes up to I think 80 or 90 dollars per month. Truthfully, I have been really happy with Telus and their connection. Since switching from Shaw, I have had maybe 1 outage and that was almost 6 years ago. 

Right now I'm getting 25d and 2u for $45/m

I'm looking into a plan that will give me 100d and 10u for $40, but too many fees that I'll have to deal with before I move in 6 months.

About 30d and 16u when hardwired... But no clue what I really pay because Comcast forces bundles so internet, cable (all premium) and a VoIP phone I never hooked up for $220 usd.  Don't think we really have caps that I would ever hit.

1 hour ago, lucwolfe said:

but you'd be saying 5 dollars each month plus tax no?

I'd have to pay a $90 setup fee and then a $90 fee to move my services. So for now it wouldn't save me money

57 minutes ago, Blizz20 said:

I'm in middle of nowhere SK

i pay $80 a month for 10 down (which very rarely gets that consistently) and 1 up 

The other way around Josh, but you make me feel better about my internet speeds!

11 minutes ago, Night Chicken said:

Just ran this test now.  80/10.  Unlimited. Rogers high speed extreme (but not ignite).

IMG_2148.PNG

You know you just made Sam hate you.

i was on the phone with Rogers for other issues... and checked my plan.  I am on 100u/25 down Rogers ignite (I was wrong).  so i was experiencing 20% volume dip when i did the test.  I pay around $80/month.  However I pay about $380/month after my home phone, HD cable and sports packages, and 3 cell phones are factored in.   Gawd.

That plan is $80, but I am locked in for 2 years. Still a great deal as I was paying $100 a month for Shaw 100/10 prior to signing, so I saved money. Telus responded with a similar plan (they rolled out some fiber out here) so Shaw was offering the same plan for $60 no contact at the end of last year.

9 minutes ago, Darb2k said:

That plan is $80, but I am locked in for 2 years. Still a great deal as I was paying $100 a month for Shaw 100/10 prior to signing, so I saved money. Telus responded with a similar plan (they rolled out some fiber out here) so Shaw was offering the same plan for $60 no contact at the end of last year.

NICE!!