Sign in to follow this  
The Outcast

Gravel - A New Arcadish Racing Game Coming in February

Square Enix is publishing a racing game that is developed by Milestone, and it's a car based game with a VERY arcade focus.  It has lots of off road tracks and looks like it could be fun.  I played it at PAX West last year, and thought it really did show promise. 

Anyhow, on that note, check out the latest video below.  

Kirby Y

I gotta say it looks sweet! Some of the other video's I have seen and stock photo's do appeal to me. But it pains me to say, is that Forza Horizon killed all other rally racing type games for me! I cannot stand the controls in other so called arcade rally racing games for me. I would love to see a fully dedicated WRC game put out by Playground games!

4 hours ago, creeping judas said:

I gotta say it looks sweet! Some of the other video's I have seen and stock photo's do appeal to me. But it pains me to say, is that Forza Horizon killed all other rally racing type games for me! I cannot stand the controls in other so called arcade rally racing games for me. I would love to see a fully dedicated WRC game put out by Playground games!

Yeah, it is a dream of mine that Microsoft allow Playground Games to resurrect the Rallisport Games from the OG Xbox.  I could only imagine how good those would be.

Kirby Y

• Like 2

On 1/11/2018 at 10:58 PM, The Outcast said:

Yeah, it is a dream of mine that Microsoft allow Playground Games to resurrect the Rallisport Games from the OG Xbox.  I could only imagine how good those would be.

Kirby Y

But as of right now Playground Games is working on some secret title, that is supposed to be an open world RPG. So there isn't much hope for a resurrection of Rallisport Challenge.

7 hours ago, creeping judas said:

But as of right now Playground Games is working on some secret title, that is supposed to be an open world RPG. So there isn't much hope for a resurrection of Rallisport Challenge.

Without any hope, I'd just die my friend (thought of the day from The Outcast)

On that note, new video for Gravel is out, and looking interesting again.  Enjoy Peeps.

Kirby Y

God damn it! Rally Cross!! My birth father used to race rally cross in Finland. I have memories of going to the race tracks and seeing him race a Mini Cooper. Good times!

Another updated video of the game in action.

The more I watch them, the more I think its arcade like gameplay could be kinda fun, as long as there is a nice variance in tracks and events.

Anyhow, here's the video: