Sign in to follow this  
lucwolfe

Welcome again!

Welcome Again!  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the throwback community name?

• Yes
    • No

Well, it’s pretty hard to hide the new changes around GamerDAD.ca, we’ve official became gameCANADIAN.ca. The name change comes after realizing the confusing we brought to our audience. We also wanted to bring something familiar to all of us.

With the change of name came with a new mini-slightly facelift of the website. We now wear Red instead of Green. Our image still pushes to create a friendly and real-life friendship from coast to coast and beyond.

Another addition has been made to our team by adding Kirby. We’re not sure why we did it but it seemed like a great idea after we finish that 3 two-four last weekend. On a more serious note if we try…  Kirby brings a lot to the team, he’s a known gaming and tech reviewer, he’s been active in the gaming community for quite some time ( I really don’t know since when, but we’ll pretend it’s over 30 years of experience; it looks great on a resumé)

More change will come shortly as we build something special and unique.

Luc Wolfe :) 

GC_logo_abbreviation.png

Recapturing the community feel that XCL captured is something that’s been on the mind of several of us for a long time. People have said that we caught lightning in a bottle with XCL. I’ve never agreed with that. At the time there were limited consoles that played online and limited games available. That made getting people all in one place that much easier. With the number of platforms and games available today that isn’t as easy. Attempts have been made to expand upon the original XCL idea but for one reason or another they didn’t pan out. 

Instead of trying to make a one size fits all community, we’ve rekindled the Game Canadian name to help build a community that embraces the variety and choices gamers have today. You don’t have to be aligned with one platform or another. You don’t have to be a “mature” player. You don’t have to be a dad. Heck, even the term Game Canadian has more to do with the global perception of Canadians being approachable, accepting and friendly people than limiting ourselves to a certain geography.

Hey Folks,

It's taken me a bit of time to get in here and post some basic thoughts.

In terms of what Shad said, It's true, community is still important to us.  Of course he and I have been down this road before, that being creating a website for gamers to come too, Unfortnuately, for one reason or another, the original concept and idea got lost, but Shad continued to have the concept floating in that 'noggin' of his.  I am pretty happy to be a part of it, as I see his vision, and of course who can forget what Sam and Luc bring to the table as well.

Luc noted that he didn't know why I am here, which I know in many ways he is joking, but I do wonder myself.  That being said, I've always been proud to be a Canadian Gamer, and to be able to bring websites and groups from all around the country to one spot, and allow people to go where their passion suits them, be it Nintendo, Sony, Xbox or tech like TV's, Audio Systems, etc....or heck, even a place to find MP games (Xbox Playdates), is very appealing to me.  I plan to keep doing my stuff with Xbox Addict, as that is where my gaming passion is; however, I look forward to helping out the original 3 (Luc, Sam & Shad) as we move forward with this project.  

On that note, here's to #gamecanadian, and let's have some fun with it.

Kirby Y

I really do wonder about Kirby in general though .... it's a valid thought!

Shad asked me to get Xbox Playdates Canada a little bit more fleshed out and I have updated the club a little bit with our next 3 dates,  We're working on the schedule for February/March and I will update it on here if you guys are willing to join for some multiplayer action.