Sign in to follow this  
Fifty

What format are you buying games in?

I'm generally a person that likes games on physical media. It makes me feel like I've got a bit of equity in it in case I ever feel like trading the game in. The portability and the size of the game cards for the Switch has me leaning more to digital for it. Less things to manage when we travel and less risk of losing game cards.

Curious to know what you guys prefer?

I'm more on physical for everything... I think we you buy physical you should be a digital download code automatically.

I would of thought the opposite on this one for you Shad, since gamesave and game size on a limited hard-drive and the easy of swithching gamecards.

I'm fifty fifty. Sometimes I dont want to make that extra drive to Walmart in Pembroke or the Best Buy in Kanata. So I will go digital and order the game from the PC at work.

The upside of digital copies is that you dont have to get your lazy ass off of the couch to swap disc's if you want to play a different game!

36 minutes ago, creeping judas said:

The upside of digital copies is that you dont have to get your lazy ass off of the couch to swap disc's if you want to play a different game!

I prefer to to think of it as "convenience"!

In all seriousness thought it seems to be the way things are going. I am way more selective of the games I actually buy these days that I find the rate I trade them in is way lower, almost nil. It also seems that much easier to manage multiple consoles in the house.

For me and the Switch, it is mostly Physical, given the small storage space on the machine, and I like to have those neat looking little cases.  That being said, I do by the smaller titles digitally, but they don't take up too much space.

I've bought 6 out of 7 Xbox One X games as physical copies, as they were on sale... kinda regretting it, because...

On 1/23/2018 at 11:55 AM, creeping judas said:

yeah, that. Plus, what's the point if I'm going to need to update the game with 30GB+ patch as soon as I get home? Only advantage of physical copy is getting them cheap (on sale or through Kijiji).

So far with the Switch I've been buying Physical as I get a 20% discount on Physical games at Best Buy and I don't have to worry about expanding the Storage. 

• Like 1

The real question here is how can we all benefit from your 20% discount? ;)

I didn't even realize the Switch had a mini SD card slot for expansion until the other day when I was researching game file download sizes.

20 hours ago, Fifty said:

The real question here is how can we all benefit from your 20% discount? ;)

I didn't even realize the Switch had a mini SD card slot for expansion until the other day when I was researching game file download sizes.

yeah I want that discount too... no offense... lol

18 hours ago, lucwolfe said:

yeah I want that discount too... no offense... lol

It's the Gamers Club Unlocked. For $30 a year you get 20% off new physical Video Game stuff. They now limit the number of same items you can order. I did a search and it does not seem to be available in Canada. Though something to keep a eye on. 

Just now, Tywaz said:

It's the Gamers Club Unlocked. For $30 a year you get 20% off new physical Video Game stuff. They now limit the number of same items you can order. I did a search and it does not seem to be available in Canada. Though something to keep a eye on. 

I hate Best Buy Canada then! 

I like digital for the convenience. I will still buy physical copies of games that retain their value, mostly Nintendo first party titles, in case I decide to trade them in.

• Like 1

Totally depends on the platform and cost. For years I've been moving into digital only since I rarely if ever resell my games and disc space takes up so much less physical space that game cases. But with the pre-order discount from Amazon Prime I've been buying more physical games for my consoles as of late, especially the Switch due to it's limited storage (I had to buy an SD card for Bayonetta 1). smaller games on Switch I'll buy digital for it but everything else I rather go physical. I don't think I've bought a physical game for my PC in over a decade.