Sign in to follow this  
BBQ Bacon

Chicken Wings

For those of you with an Instant Pot you have to try this.  Next time I don't think I'll pressure cook for as long as the chicken was pretty much falling off the bone taking from the pot.  For those of you in an environment where you can not have a fire, crisping them up in the oven would work just as well...just not as tasty in my opinion.

Throw frozen chicken wings into the instant pot and add Frank's Wing Sauce and toss about.

39108105854_d6e3426fd4_z_d.jpg

Pressure cook for 15 minutes.  I did 20 minutes (the default) and I found it to be too long.  Once the pressure has been released (for any of you Darwin Award wannabe's please release the pressure in a safe manner) throw them onto a baking sheet or a mesh cooker for the fire pit.

39108105334_eed514d655_z_d.jpg

Add some extra Frank's wing sauce and get them grilling.  See that smoke?  That is extra flavour you won't get from an oven.  Maybe on a gas grill with a smoke packet.

39108106104_f1fc0523d3_z_d.jpg

Getting nice and close to the coals for added crispyness.

39108105794_bfebcb311a_z_d.jpg

38938279005_3832e177ce_m_d.jpg

Edited by BBQ Bacon

On 2/2/2018 at 9:16 AM, Fifty said:

Dude, those look incredible but I gotta ask, is that really a bacon-skinned controller?

Yes it is.

39387388154_98aa97923a_z_d.jpg

• Like 1

So we broiled them in the oven, but not long enough so they didn't feel crispy in that sense. But the meat on the bones was real good and tasty! I think marinating them overnight would be a good idea as well, possibly in a brine solution!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

GameCanadian Community :.

We're a new type of community who actually focus on the word community.  We have a goal to make in-person events to build off something that other communities can not do. We focus on building a team, and chat about our gaming hobby. Everyone is welcome on our website.

Staff :.

Fifty Fifty Administrators
creeping judas creeping judas Administrators
X-Warlock X-Warlock Administrators
The Outcast The Outcast Administrators
lucwolfe lucwolfe Administrators

Our Partners :.

Social Links :.