Sign in to follow this  
creeping judas

Xbox Game Pass and Math

So yesterday after some consideration I subscribed to game pass. And the reason for it had to do with math!!

so yearly, I am going to be spending $156 on the subscription,

If I was to buy just two MS Studio's games, I would end up shelling out a minimum $180.77 with taxes in. 

So the justification for it for me was the money savings! I know I have some reservations for Sea of Thieves, but will jump on State of Decay 2 and Crackdown when they come out. So if Sea of Thieves  is a disappointment for me, my cost would be only the monthly subscription VS $79.99+tax.

Plus there is all of the Forza games to think about as well!!!

I am not quite on the game pass boat yet, but I like its direction.  Since you mentioned saving money, the one thing I would recommend to everyone here is to take full advantage of E3 pre-order sales.  I pre-order up to 12 games a year at 49.99, even if I am not completely interested in them at the time.  Then as the ship date gets closer I cancel it if I have no interest in the game.  You don't get charged until the game ships.  I have not paid full price for any game for probably over 3 years now.

Amazon or Best Buy will offer a number of games for 49.99 or give you 20-30% off certain titles.

30 minutes ago, NineZero5ive said:

I am not quite on the game pass boat yet, but I like its direction.  Since you mentioned saving money, the one thing I would recommend to everyone here is to take full advantage of E3 pre-order sales.  I pre-order up to 12 games a year at 49.99, even if I am not completely interested in them at the time.  Then as the ship date gets closer I cancel it if I have no interest in the game.  You don't get charged until the game ships.  I have not paid full price for any game for probably over 3 years now.

Amazon or Best Buy will offer a number of games for 49.99 or give you 20-30% off certain titles.

I do the same thing, plus with Amazon Prime there is a bit of a discount there as well. Got 5 games over Christmas that way!

I will likely cancel my EA pass and go with the Game Pass closer to the release date of some of those titles I would be purchasing anyways. Its too bad some of the recently X enhanced games like the original Crackdown aren't included yet. 

16 hours ago, Fifty said:

I will likely cancel my EA pass and go with the Game Pass closer to the release date of some of those titles I would be purchasing anyways. Its too bad some of the recently X enhanced games like the original Crackdown aren't included yet. 

Since yesterday, I have downloaded Gears of War 4, Lucky's Tale, and WRC5. All games I wanted to play and try, but didnt feel comfortable spending the cash on.

I haven't bought a new game in probably 2 years, so I'm in the money at this point.  There really hasn't been a game out in that time or coming up (aside from Crackdown) that gets my juices going.  Happy playing Neverwinter.  It's free and I'm still enjoying it.  Besides with summer coming on, a game pass for May - October would be a waste.

7 minutes ago, BBQ Bacon said:

I haven't bought a new game in probably 2 years, so I'm in the money at this point.  There really hasn't been a game out in that time or coming up (aside from Crackdown) that gets my juices going.  Happy playing Neverwinter.  It's free and I'm still enjoying it.  Besides with summer coming on, a game pass for May - October would be a waste.

True dat! You will be busy with your apple orchard!!

• Like 1

On 3/9/2018 at 3:23 PM, BBQ Bacon said:

I heard it was gonna rain from May to October over your place....

Not much rain this spring so far.  After all the snow the area is still fairly wet.  Hoping for a lot of rain days to keep the wildfires away.