Sign in to follow this  
Fifty

PS4 Pro. Worth the upgrade?

With God of War coming (and getting incredible reviews), I've been considering whether or not the upgrade from a regular PS4 to a Pro is really worth it.

Any Pro owners out there that can comment one way or another?

I ended up selling my PS4, about a year ago, and even with all of the exclusives they have, I am not tempted to buy another one. Not hating on Sony or the PS4, just didn't find I was playing it as much as I should have been.

I have a ps4 pro, it's ok. If you have a 4k TV it's worth the upgrade, otherwise I wouldn't bother. Bang for buck in the 4k department the Xbox One X is more worthwhile.

2 hours ago, X-Warlock said:

I have a ps4 pro, it's ok. If you have a 4k TV it's worth the upgrade, otherwise I wouldn't bother. Bang for buck in the 4k department the Xbox One X is more worthwhile.

even though the xbox has less exclusive?

I see a lot of value in my Pro to be honest. I traded my old launch console a while back when EB had a trade offer towards the PS4 Pro. So far I've just been using the extra processing power to play games in 1080/60 rather than 1080/30 on the regular ps4 consoles. I have a 4k/HDR tv coming in the mail and look forward to testing some games and media in 4k HDR.

On 4/29/2018 at 4:43 PM, lucwolfe said:

even though the xbox has less exclusive?

Xbox One X has a 4k Blu Ray player, PS4 Pro does not. Renders better than the Pro too.