Sign in to follow this  
Qwazyd0gg

Man-Cave Renovation

Hey guys,

I am working on a project with a couple of companies to redo the entertainment portion of my office, and then hopefully the computer side sometime in the future. I have a new television and amplifier coming in and already have the 7.2 surround sound speakers from a previous project. I am looking to pick your brains to see if there is anything else I may be overlooking like RGB bulbs, smart or voice activated services, or other lesser inexpensive tech products that you may have in your entertainment rooms that you find useful. 

Thanks!

are you planning on getting many console in your setup or just the current generation?

Do you want ideas for your tech furniture to put all of your gizmos?

I've got my PS4 Pro I'm adding in, as well as my Nest Cam IQ. Other than that I'm considering some RGB lights if I can find some affordable ones, and maybe a new floor lamp. Other than that I would consider any other affordable tech that would make a noticable difference in my setup.

I got this for around my bar:

https://www.amazon.ca/ALED-LIGHT-Waterproof-Flexible-Decorative/dp/B0132J5EJ2/ref=lp_12103043011_1_7?srs=12103043011&ie=UTF8&qid=1526256339&sr=8-7

also this for my retro console on RCA Component:

https://www.amazon.ca/SDS-Switcher-Composite-Selector-Consoles/dp/B0154QWCM8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1526256700&sr=1-1&keywords=rca+splitter+8+in+1

And since there's too many consoles on those I got this for my sega consoles:

https://www.amazon.ca/Kreema-Switcher-Splitter-Selector-Adapter/dp/B07BRDWML1/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1526256741&sr=1-4&keywords=rca+splitter+3+in+1

As for other tech i'm waiting to have my real countertop.

I got a monitor i want to get to save on my projector lamp life
receiver with 2 output (in a few years)
But I dont need to get myself 2 more speakers to have a full 7.1 suround sound.