Sign in to follow this  
GameCanadian

E3 2018 is here! Let's discuss all the gaming news.

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Hotly awaited games being demoed, surprise announcements, and the console wars continue to rage on. We'll be updating this post this weekend and throughout the week as all of the big players hold their press events and new games are announced. 

EA is kicking off E3 today with their event at 2PM Eastern time. 
You can watch it live here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw16v3oGXso

EA News Roundup:

EA had their E3 event and showed off some new features in the upcoming WW2 shooter, Battlefield V, and announced a Battle Royale mode. Respawn CEO Vice Zampella announced a new Star Wars game called Jedi: Fallen Order, which will take place between episodes 3 and 4. Fifa 19 was then shown. Unravel 2 was announced and given a demo of the new co-op feature and surprisingly launched during it's time on stage. That's right, Unravel 2 is available right now. An EA Original was quickly announced with a short trailer called Sea of Solitude, an indie game cominf from Jo-Mei. We were then given a stage demo of an alpha for the new Command & Conquer Rivals game, coming to both iOS and Android. The alpha is already available for Android players to try. And finally EA showed the game everyone wanted to see more of after the bare-bones announcement and demo from last year, Anthem. We got the first look at the game story which appears to be a post-apocalyptic shooter, kind of Destiny meets Iron Man.

The Microsoft presentation starts at 4pm Eastern, watch it live on https://mixer.com/Xbox and receive (must be logged in) the Classic Helmet REQ Pack for Halo 5. MS will hopefully have some big announcements and a lot of exclusives, especially in the wake of Crackdown 3 being delayed. 

Microsoft News Roundup:

50 games! Microsoft came out swinging this afternoon with 50 games, 18 exclusives (including timed exclusives), and some big announcements. Among the highlights are Crackdown 3 comign February 2019, Forza Horizon Four (taking place in Britain this time) in October, and both coming to Xbox Game Pass on launch day. 343 showed off a quick demo of their new graphics engine called Slipstream by announcing Halo (6) Infinite but no details on the story yet. Also shown were Cuphead DLC, Fallout 76, Cyberpunk 2077, The Division 2, Dying Light 2, Devil May Cry 5, Jump Force, Kingdom Hearts 3, Just Cause 4, and the really big announcement... Battletoads are back! Am I the only one thrilled by this? Ok, so the big reveal was Gears of War. Lots of Gears of War. There's 2 Gears spinoffs coming, one on mobile called Gears Pops in partnership with Funko Pop, and a turn based strategy game (think X-Com) taking place 12 years before Gears of War 1 (Pendulum Wars?) titled Gears Tactics, and of course the official announcement of Gears of War 5 along with a story scene from the game.  I think the Xbox Games Pass is quickly becoming a better deal for gamers. 

Next up this evening are Bethesda, where I'm sure we can expect to hear more about Fallout 76.

The rest of the Schedule is as follows: 
Bethesda - Sunday, June 10, 9:30pm Eastern Time
Square Enix - Monday, June 11, 1pm Eastern Time
Ubisoft - Monday, June 11, 4pm Eastern Time
Sony - Monday, June 11, 9pm Eastern Time
Nintendo - Tuesday, June 12, 12pm Eastern Time

Personally I'm hoping EA announces a Star Wars game other than Battlefront or their mobile titles. I need to see more from Anthem too.

I have to say. Given the previously mentioned game pass deal, seems cheaper to invest in that and day one will have access to Crackdown 3 and Horizon 4.

Money saved to get the Fallout power armour helmet. 🤔

2 hours ago, NorrEastr said:

I have to say. Given the previously mentioned game pass deal, seems cheaper to invest in that and day one will have access to Crackdown 3 and Horizon 4.

Money saved to get the Fallout power armour helmet. 🤔

The cost of the game pass for a year would be the same as buying those two games Kirby. Then there are the other games that you passed by before for one reason or another, and now you can play them. I am finding value in the game pass personally.