Sign in to follow this  
BBQ Bacon

Very sad day

Yesterday we put our dog Shadow to sleep.  She was almost 16 years old and was struggling with bad eyesight, teeth and hearing.  She was also having issues with her hips which contributed to the increase in accidents in the house.  Growing up in a rural setting we've had pets that have died, but this is the first time I've ever had to make such a decision.  It was hard and I miss her greatly.  I miss the clicking of her toenails on the hardwood.  I miss her barking in her sleep and I miss seeing her sleeping in her bed.

Goodbye Shadow you will be missed.

28480526627_74011ac9fc_z_d.jpg

43300922312_227aae841f_z_d.jpg

43300922552_d14a660d52_z_d.jpg

Yes putting down a pet is very hard, you know you're doing the right thing for them so they don't have to suffer any more, but at the same time you are the one making that decision. We had to put down Fergie about 10yrs or so ago, and it was a very difficult decision to make. Now Darby is over 10yrs old and we see her slowing down, and we know we only have a few more years with her.

The pictures are of Fergie.

ferg1.jpg

ferg2.jpg

• Like 1