Sign in to follow this  
creeping judas

Free Fortnite, and Purchased Fortnite, What is the Difference?

The only think you pay for are cosmetic differences for your character. Anything you pay for does not impact how the game it played or give you any advantage. For example, you can buy skin packs, different gliders, emotes and axes (used to mine resources).

The game is also broken up into seasons which are about 90 days long. For $13 or so you can purchase a battle pass that earns you greater rewards for earning XP and completing specific in-game challenges. It is a prestige thing.

I've been playing Fortnite more and more with Sam. There are plenty of game modes these days. It is not just the last man standing mode from the original. We enjoy playing the team modes which include respawns and you don't lose your equipment. The building part still seems to be beyond my ability though. It's fun!

Thanks Shad, I was mainly wondering if it had more content then the F2P one. And Connor does pay from his allowance for the battle pass each time it comes out. I haven't really played it as I am not that good with the battle arena games!