Sign in to follow this  
lucwolfe

4K HDMI splitter

you eventually will. but the majority of them have their own power supply to boost it back up. Everything that I have come across has been at most 60 fps although I'm sure something is on its way

Those are great if you're not using it for 4k resolution. 

When on 4k it only refresh at 30 instead of 60 or 120hz depending upon your tv.

I know when we did Zibanejad's house he had all 4k tv's but nothing was displaying as 4k only because the splitters couldn't handle it. But he was in his house for 10 days before getting traded

All the switches on the market to my knowledge are only 60hz. Finding a true 120hz TV is a rarity since most just utilize 60hz and internally double the frames in the display itself. For those panels that do actually display and accept a true 120hz signal, they normally only accept such a signal from a PC as home theater equipment are normally restricted to between 24-60p depending on the way your media is encoded. With the recent launch and announcement of Nvidia Gsync televisions, I hope to see more equipment outputing and adapting to high refresh rates.

On 4/17/2018 at 9:00 AM, Qwazyd0gg said:

All the switches on the market to my knowledge are only 60hz. Finding a true 120hz TV is a rarity since most just utilize 60hz and internally double the frames in the display itself. For those panels that do actually display and accept a true 120hz signal, they normally only accept such a signal from a PC as home theater equipment are normally restricted to between 24-60p depending on the way your media is encoded. With the recent launch and announcement of Nvidia Gsync televisions, I hope to see more equipment outputing and adapting to high refresh rates.

So every company are scamming us?

On 4/29/2018 at 10:49 PM, lucwolfe said:

So every company are scamming us?

It's less of a scam and more just use of choice wording. As an example, LG calls their fake 120hz "True Motion", which is an internally doubled 60hz signal emulating 120hz for smoother motion. This is why you tend to see light artifacting on these style displays as every second frame is simply the panel guessing what it thinks should be between the natural frames in order to smooth out its motion during fast scenes. Manufactures focus less on higher Hz ratings on televisions as home theatre equipment tends not to surpass 24p/60p for their broadcasting output as this is the rate in which tv and films are captured in. You will surely pay a premium for a display with natural 120hz internal processing, atleast until it becomes more of a standard thanks to higher end graphics cards and hopefully higher refresh rates on future gaming consoles.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

GameCanadian Community

We're a new type of community who actually focus on the word community.  We have a goal to make in-person events to build off something that other communities can not do. We focus on building a team, and chat about our gaming hobby. Everyone is welcome on our website.

Staff

Fifty Fifty Administrators
creeping judas creeping judas Administrators
X-Warlock X-Warlock Administrators
The Outcast The Outcast Administrators
lucwolfe lucwolfe Administrators

Latest Topics

Our Partners

Join us on Discord