Sign in to follow this  
MartyB

Budget 4k TV for Gaming

I've been doing some research on 4k TVs, my main uses will be xbox one x, Netflix, and running a Plex server. I've been mainly using rtings.com as a guide on TV quality, and my budget (which used to be $700+tax) is now $1100+tax. Specifically because I found a great deal on a Vizio M65-E0 (65", 4k, HDR10 & Dolby Vision, rtings score of 7.6 overall, 7.9 for HDR gaming and 7.8 for movies) for exactly that amount.

What do you guys use? Any recommendations for a 55" - 65" 4k hdr TV for sub-$1000? Have you noticed

That's great! Plus the fact that is just went on sale for $1299 for the 55" is amazing! Going to pull the trigger tonight.

Woo!! Xbox 4k gaming, here I come!

Edited by MartyB

Stay away from Vizio, or if you do, buy the extended warranty. I have a 70" Vizio 1080p TV collecting dust, as it went kaput 3 weeks after the purchase date and Vizio told us just to buy a new one, as to get it fixed now would cost me more than buying a new replacement. And no, they would not budge on that warranty either. Best Buy guy told me they don't even bother to deal with Vizio when there is an issue and the purchaser has an extended warranty, they just offer up a new TV right off the bat, it's easier than dealing with Vizio.

• Like 1

Pulled the trigger last night! Bought myself a Sony X900E like Luc's recommendation, and set it up last night! I also bought an Xbox One X :D

I was so excited to set it up, I forgot to take pictures! haha. Luc, you are invited whenever you want to bask in the gloriousness of 4k Xbox gaming :P

On 11/24/2017 at 8:14 AM, MartyB said:

Pulled the trigger last night! Bought myself a Sony X900E like Luc's recommendation, and set it up last night! I also bought an Xbox One X :D

I was so excited to set it up, I forgot to take pictures! haha. Luc, you are invited whenever you want to bask in the gloriousness of 4k Xbox gaming :P

What games did you pick up? And what's your GamerTag?

Sorry! Was gone all weekend. Played a race of Forza Horizon 3 this morning, and I was sorely tempted to call in sick...

Gamertag is Flatus Mechy... thinking maybe changing it, haha.

Total game list so far is:

1. Halo 5
  2. Dishonored 2
  3. Forza Horizon 3
  4. Final Fantasy XV
  5. Middle-Earth: Shadow of War
Edited by MartyB
added game list

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

GameCanadian Community

We're a new type of community who actually focus on the word community.  We have a goal to make in-person events to build off something that other communities can not do. We focus on building a team, and chat about our gaming hobby. Everyone is welcome on our website.

Staff

Fifty Fifty Administrators
creeping judas creeping judas Administrators
X-Warlock X-Warlock Administrators
The Outcast The Outcast Administrators
lucwolfe lucwolfe Administrators

Latest Topics

Our Partners

Join us on Discord