Sign in to follow this  
rcb031

Beta tester

I've subscribed for them, but like a few weeks after the beta signups got open and never got in. 

But a lot of these signups don't really interest me that much.

8 hours ago, lucwolfe said:

I've subscribed for them, but like a few weeks after the beta signups got open and never got in. 

But a lot of these signups don't really interest me that much.

I didn't sign up for anything. Just got a message on my inbox asking if I was interested

2 hours ago, creeping judas said:

With Xbox Insider app, you get invites to certain beta's, which kind of fun for just downloading an app.

that's actually neat! 

Beta programs are pretty cool! Some are more involved than others. Usually the ones you get via your inbox just ask you to play the game in order to auto report any terrible crashes and/or bugs, or to check server reliability if it is an online based game. 

You can also use services like BetaBound to test games, software, hardware, and more. These beta tests are a little more involved and typically have weekly requirements to meet, as well as writing reports on bugs or improvement ideas that they can relay back to the manufacturer. I've done a couple beta's on this platform and they are super fun to do if you have the time and interest. Some even let you keep the item or offer payment if they require you to send the test unit back.

• Love 1

On 2/27/2019 at 3:10 PM, creeping judas said:

One thing I've enjoyed about private and public beta's is that it gives me a feel for the game. Making the buying decision that much easier when the game launches!

I just wish there were more open Beta's that did not require you to preorder the game. Nothing worse than finding you hate the gameplay mechanics or play style and aren't able to cancel your preorder :(

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

GameCanadian Community

We're a new type of community who actually focus on the word community.  We have a goal to make in-person events to build off something that other communities can not do. We focus on building a team, and chat about our gaming hobby. Everyone is welcome on our website.

Staff

Fifty Fifty Administrators
creeping judas creeping judas Administrators
X-Warlock X-Warlock Administrators
The Outcast The Outcast Administrators
lucwolfe lucwolfe Administrators

Latest Topics

Our Partners

Join us on Discord